BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Poetic Justice / Dookie Braids

So, me being the self proclaimed "Queen of Braids", I am deciding to go with the jumbo box braids. AKA the Poetic Justice braids AKA Dookie Braids.

I have no idea what possessed me to decide to do these braids but I was looking for a different look. Seems like I cannot focus on just one braided style when doing my own hair.

I noticed that when I go to the salon to get my hair braided, trust and believe if I am paying $150 or greater, I'm keeping them bad boys in for a minimum of at least 2 months. But doing my own, I get bored after 2 weeks at  the most before taking them out.

A friend of mine explained to me that keeping braids in for a long time, that I am doing more harm to my hair than good. She also explained to me that, by me doing my own hair I don't braid tight so this is a plus. Since I am not putting that much stress on my hair. Not to mention, by me taking my hair out every 2 or 3 weeks, I am properly washing and maintaining my hair as I should be.

Now to my jumbo box braids. These braids are really cute. But you must properly maintain your hair while wearing these. Here are a few rules that I go by while wearing these jumbo sized braids.

Number 1: Make sure that your hair is properly washed, conditioned, moisturized and trimmed
Number 2: Make sure that your parts are equal to the amount of false hair that you will be using for your braid. If you part a small section of hair and use an excessive amount of false hair, you hair is likely to break
Number 3: Do not braid your hair super tight because this too will cause a considerable amount of breakage upon removing.
Number 4: You must keep your scalp moisturized everyday. A healthy scalp equals healthy strong hair.

I am using a new product in my hair and am hoping for positive results. I am using Cream  of Nature shampoo with the coconut and sunflower oil along with Cream of Nature Argan Oil intense conditioner along with the Argan oil polish.

Hopefully I am going to be able to pull this style off myself because my poor hair can't take the ladies at the shop doing it. I am waaaaay too tender headed to have them doing it.

I strated late yesterday on my hair and I already completed the front. Think I am going to rest my poor hands today and finish up tomorrow. Once I finish I will be doing a vid with detailed info on exactly how I do my braids so stay tuned loves.



Love Neessee aka @NuExpressionz84

0 comments: