BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Kiss Acrylic Nail Kit Review

So recently I purchased the full Acrylic nail kit by Kiss Nails. This kit contains :

- 1 acrylic brush
- 1 nail buffer
- 1 double sided nail file
- 20 french tips
- 40 regular nail tips
- 1 bottle of nail primer
- 1 bottle of liquid acrylic
- 1 small container of clear acrylic powder
- 1 bottle of glue
- 1 dappen dish
- 1 bottle of fresh apple drops

I give this product a 6 out of a 10 review. I love the plastic organizational container it comes in. But, the acrylic liquid that comes with it was not enough for me. It was gone within 2 weeks if that long. It is good for at home use though.  purchased mine at Wal Mart in my local area for roughly $15. It is not of "salon quality", but for the convenience of doing my own nails at home its ok. For the one bottle of acrylic liquid that came with it, I was able to do about 4 applications and 5 fill ins.

Another thing about this kit that I don't like is the fresh apple drops. You're supposed t put about 3 to 5 drops in your dappen dish of acrylic liquid. It claims to kill the strong acrylic odor, but far from it. It made my house smell like apple nail polish remover. I think I'm just gonna stick to working with my window open and my fans on full blast.

With this product I do put the acrylic on pretty heavy because if you just do what the instructions say, you will end up with your nails flying across the room. That ain't cute....

I did order a "salon quality" acrylic set from bornprettystore.com, but since it is coming from out of the country its going to take a while to get to me. But that has a jar of white acrylic powder, clear acrylic powder, and the pink powder, a bottle of monomer, 2 application brushes and a cute little glass dappen dish. So when it gets here you will see the review right here first.... but until then here's a couple pictures of my work with the Kiss Acrylic Kit



0 comments: