BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 27, 2011

Freetress Tampa Girl Half Wig/Ponytail review

A few months back before the weather got unbearably hot, I purchased a Freetress half wig/ponytail. Its a synthetic piece that is curling iron safe. What I like most about this piece, is the wet and wavy look it has. I was too lazy to sew in a weave at the time, so this was a great buy for me. It cost roughly $20 from my local beauty supply store. i braided the back of my hair and left out about an inch or 2 in the front.

For my leave out, I ended up crimping my hair first. Which really didn't blend well. So, I ended up washing my hair, and applying some pomade and blow drying my hair straight.

After doing this, it had a perfect blend to it. I must say I was impressed with how long it actually was.

Now here comes the bad part. The label said it was curlig iron safe up to 300 degrees. I set my curling iron on 200 just to bee safe, and it fried the bottom of my wig. I had to cut the bottom just to get the ugly burnt piece off. Which it didn't look bad when I cut it because the hair was so long and it was just a small piece that I burnt anyway.

From now on, if I wanna curl, flat iron or whatever, I'm getting a human hair wig or weave. Pretty much, the synthetic fiber weaves and wigs come in curly, wavy and straight styles already. So there should be no reason to have to curl it in the first place.

Out of a 5 rating, I give this product a 4. The only flaw is the curling label. But the hair doesn't shed like mot brands, it has not tangled, and the combs and drawstring is a comfortable fit for me.

You can purchase this product from any authorized SNG hair retailer, or go to hairsisters.com



0 comments: